Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

What is the most necessary requirement to us?


What is the most necessary requirement to us?

I like the working environment in the Outpost Digital, especially the relaxing atmosphere and the sophisticated equipment. Of cause, the passionate leader of the Outpost Digital, Evan Schechtman, is a most valuable factor why I love this place. In fact, when I began studying Media, my dream work was like this. Every morning, I get up happily and I go to my work place with a large coffee. And then I begin to work with my favorite video program in a satisfying place.

Evan Schechtman is a really humors but great man in the media area. Now he is the chief technology officer of Radical Media. Today’s field trip, he mainly talked about his own experience about media, what a real media person need and his own opinion of media. After his passionate speech, I became more and more love the media. However, the second part of his speech deeply stung me. He said that what he really need now was the media person who had his own product. In fact, I have nothing in media except for my passion. Because I just came into this area, I have no experience, I have no product, even some software I cannot use well. Thus, the speech made me think a lot.

Evan said that they were looking for the guys who not only have the passion and creative idea in media, but also have the product which is the important elements in a resume. However, it guided me a clear way to effort. First I transferred my major to digital media, I never thought about my project. Once I believed that I have great passion and I have more creative ideas than others is enough. However, now I changed my mind that I should make a full use of my advantage in my creative minds, and what I really need to do is to make them come true.

Thus, I watched the video they produced in their websites and what I wanted to say is they are really really good. In fact, I also have these kinds of thought, but to me, they are difficult to come true because I have little technology background in this area. After I saw the Short Form Real Winter in the website of outpost, I was surprised about their thought and technologic skills.

However, at last, Evan said that, TV is a big fat lie. I was interested in what he said especially as a media person. I think most common people will have the same feeling, especially to the advertisement. They always think that the advertisement is terrible and no sense to watch. However, in my opinion, the advertisement, or the short film is more difficult to produce than any other kind of media video.

First, the technology they used must be effective. We can use many different kinds of montages to express the main idea in a formal movie, while the short film has time limited, so it doesn’t allow you to apply much technology in it. We need to choose the best or the most effective one or ones to show our meaning. Second, the idea is more important here. How to use a limited time to show more information and to attract more audience, ideas occupy the most valuable position. In the Short Form Reel Winter, the first video showed a man listening to the music, but his shadow on the wall or in the mirror was different, the shadow was always energetic and doing some dancing. This idea would express the main idea that the calm outside and the passion inside which is the purpose of the advertisement, iTunes combined with Cingular. However, the technology contains chroma key and some other skills from Final Cut Pro. They chose the best way to show the best idea, in fact.

After Evan’s speech and watching the video they produced, I believe that video is my favorite area, now I have had passion in it and I must produce creative ideas and make them come true in order to find a good job or succeed in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment