Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Everything is in order except what is crucial


After a tough walking in the heavy rain, finally I arrived at the NYU-Poly Varick Street Incubator. Although I have already been late for an hour, I could still see the enthusiasm and energy of the host. He was talking about the requirement of being a student Entrepreneur when I arrived. And then, he asked some startups’ employee talk to us about their own experience. I benefited from what they said, and I was also glad to know there was an Incubator in Poly.

Why I named this field trip Everything is in order except what is crucial? What I really want to say is that I appreciate that Poly has provided us a great platform to start our career, so the only factor we need is ourselves. We should make full use of the resources which Incubator supported.

Poly Incubator provides us an opportunity to access to talent, to markets, to capital and to research. All these are we need in order to have a good job or have our own businesses. Especially, Poly Incubator focus on Digital Media. It indicates that what I have chosen is a brilliant one.

I saw some familiar faces in the incubator, which means that some of my friends have joined the incubator and begun their career preparation. However, what a pity, I didn’t begin. I must catch the opportunity and prepare my career as early as I can.

As the host said, in order to achieve a target, first we should have a great team, and then make something customers want. The most important thing is that spending little money. In fact, this field trip seems like a conclusion of the former classes.

New York City is a good place to study media. Based on the resource the city provides, and the chance Poly provides, I can keep pace with the development of Media. This is the special advantage only in New York City, I believe I cannot get it from any other place. So what I should do is to improve myself under such an advantageous situation.

In this semester, I selected performance studio seminar and Media Organization as my major courses. One required me to produce an interactive performance through using technology; another asked me to develop a new app in mobile with my team members. To be honest, I never touched these before, but I really interested in them, and they are really what I wanted to learn and what I wanted to do in the future. Especially in Media Organization, I have taught myself a lot of software, and I need to go deeper, because all this software is useful in my future career.

After the first semester, I may get a good position in Poly Incubator, and then I will accumulate experience there. I believe I will get a power to own my business, or do my favorite job after that.

Thanks for Poly and his incubator, I won’t miss the opportunity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment